International Dublin Literary Award 2017 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2017 International Dublin Literary Award has been announced. The 10 shortlisted titles are:
- A General Theory of Oblivion (José Eduardo Agualusa, trans by Daniel Hahn, Archipelago)
- Confession of the Lioness (Mia Couto, trans by David Brookshaw, Random House)
- The Green Road (Anne Enright, Random House)
- The Prophets of Eternal Fjord (Kim Leine, trans by Martin Aitken, Atlantic)
- The Story of My Teeth (Valeria Luiselli, trans by Christina MacSweeney, Granta)
- The Sympathizer (Viet Thanh Nguyen, Constable)
- Under the Udala Trees (Chinelo Okparanta, Granta)
- A Strangeness in My Mind (Orhan Pamuk, trans by Ekin Oklap, Hamish Hamilton)
- A Whole Life (Robert Seethaler, trans by Charlotte Collins, Picador)
- A Little Life (Hanya Yanagihara, Picador)
The award, worth €100,000 (A$141,200), is presented annually for a novel written in English or translated into English.
As previously reported by Books+Publishing, libraries from 118 cities around the world nominated 147 books for this year’s longlist, including 10 books by Australian authors and six by New Zealand authors.
The winner will be announced on 21 June. For more information about the award, visit the website here.
Category: International news