Inaugural Readings YA Prize shortlist announced
The shortlist for the inaugural Readings Young Adult Prize has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Boone Shepard (Gabriel Bergmoser, Bell Frog Books)
- Freedom Swimmer (Wai Chim, A&U)
- The Bone Sparrow (Zana Fraillon, Lothian)
- Becoming Aurora (Elizabeth Kasmer, UQP)
- The Road to Winter (Mark Smith, Text)
- Our Chemical Hearts (Krystal Sutherland, Penguin).
The winner will be announced in late July and will receive $3000.
The shortlist was selected by a judging panel comprising Angela Crocombe and Leanne Hall from Readings Kids; Natalie Platter from Readings Doncaster; and digital marketing manager Lian Hingee. Author Lili Wilkinson will join the judging panel to select the winner.
As previously reported by Books+Publishing, the prize is third of its kind to be administered by the bookseller, joining the Readings Children’s Book Prize and Readings Prize for New Australian Fiction, which were launched in 2014.
For more information, click here.