Environment Award for Children’s Literature 2017 shortlist announced
The Wilderness Society has announced the shortlist for the 2017 Environment Award for Children’s Literature.
The shortlisted books in each category are:
- Circle (Jeannie Baker, Walker Books)
- The Cassowary’s Gift (Pam Skadins & Kathryn Lovejoy, Little Steps)
- Echidnas Can’t Cuddle (Nieta Manser & Lauren Merrick, Little Steps)
- Chooks in Dinner Suits (Diane Jackson Hill & Craig Smith, Museum Victoria Publishing)
- Amazing Animals of Australia’s National Parks (Gina M Newton, NLA)
- Welcome to Country (Aunty Joy Murphy & Lisa Kennedy, Black Dog Books)
- Desert Lake (Pamela Freeman & Liz Anelli, Walker Books)
- Red-tail Recovery (Emma Homes, self-published)
- Rainforest Camp: Juliet Nearly a Vet (Rebecca Johnson, Puffin)
- Squishy Taylor and the Tunnel of Doom (Ailsa Wild & Ben Wood, HGE).
The winner will be announced on 12 August at an event at The Little Bookroom in Melbourne.
The Environment Award for Children’s Literature is presented annually to fiction and nonfiction books that ‘foster a love of wild places and wildlife in young Australians’ and ‘encourage a sense of responsibility for our natural world’. For more information, click here.