Ditmar Awards 2017 winners announced
The winners of the 2017 Ditmar Awards for Australian science-fiction, fantasy and horror writing were announced at the 56th Australian National Science Fiction Convention Continuum 13 in Melbourne on 11 June.
The winners, chosen from the 2017 Ditmar Awards ballot, are:
- The Grief Hole (Kaaron Warren, IFWG)
Best novella or novelette
- ‘Did We Break the End of the World?’ (Tansy Rayner Roberts in Defying Doomsday, Twelfth Planet Press)
Best short story
- ‘No Fat Chicks’ (Cat Sparks, In Your Face)
Best collected work (tie)
- Defying Doomsday (Tsana Dolichva & Holly Kench, Twelfth Planet Press)
- Dreaming in the Dark (Jack Dann, PS Publishing)
- Shauna O’Meara for illustration of Lackington’s #12
Best fan publication
- 2016 Australian SF Snapshot (Greg Chapman, Tehani Croft et al)
Best fan writer
- Foz Meadows
Best new talent
- Marlee Jane Ward
William Atheling Jr Award for criticism or review
- The Rebirth of Rapunzel: A Mythic Biography of the Maiden in the Tower, (Kate Forsyth, FableCroft).
No award was given in the Best Fan Artist category.
Several other awards were also announced on the night, including the Peter McNamara Achievement Award, which was presented to Rose Mitchell, and the A Bertram Chandler Award for Outstanding Achievement in Science Fiction, which went to Bill Wright.
Category: Local news