Ngaio Marsh Award 2017 longlist announced
The longlist for the 2017 Ngaio Marsh award for New Zealand crime fiction has been announced.
The longlisted works are:
- Dead Lemons (Finn Bell, self-published)
- Pancake Money (Finn Bell, self-published)
- Spare Me The Truth (C J Carver, Bonnie Zaffre)
- Red Herring (Jonothan Cullinane, HarperCollins)
- The Revelations of Carey Ravine (Debra Daley, Quercus)
- The Three Deaths of Magdalene Lynton (Katherine Hayton, self-published)
- Presumed Guilty (Mark McGinn, Merlot Publishing)
- Marshall’s Law (Ben Sanders, A&U)
- A Straits Settlement (Brian Stoddart, Crime Wave Press)
- The Last Time We Spoke (Fiona Sussman, Allison & Busby).
A panel of seven crime fiction experts from five countries will choose the shortlist, to be announced alongside the finalists for the best first novel and the inaugural best true-crime book. The winner will be announced at a WORD Christchurch event in October.
For more information, click here.
Category: Local news