Dymocks Waurn Ponds wins top award at Dymocks conference
Dymocks Waurn Ponds in Geelong has won the Chairman’s Award for Retail Excellence at the 2017 Dymocks national conference, which was held on the Gold Coast from 23-25 July.
Dymocks managing director Steve Cox praised manager Julie Garner and her staff for ‘their dedication to books and consistently high level of customer service’.
‘Dymocks’ success is based on the dedication of hardworking store managers like Julie Garner,’ said Cox. ‘Taken over as a company store in 2015, Julie and the team have demonstrated a true passion for the Dymocks brand with their love for books, enthusiasm, hard work and dedication evident in the day-to-day operations of the business.’
HarperCollins was named publisher of the year, John Wiley was named specialist supplier of the year, and the book of the year went to The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape (Wrightbooks).
The other award winners were:
- Excellence in Bookselling: Dymocks Charlestown, NSW
- Excellence in Visual Merchandising: Dymocks Canberra
- Booklover Champions: Dymocks Victoria Gardens, Melbourne
- Individual Excellence in Bookselling: Crystal Davies, Dymocks Burwood, Sydney
- Dymocks Children’s Charities award for best fundraising store: Dymocks Brisbane
- Excellence in advertising and marketing: Dymocks Garden City, WA
- Excellence in non-book ranging: Dymocks Melbourne.
Over 150 franchise owners, staff and suppliers attended the awards ceremony.