Ned Kelly Awards 2017 shortlists announced
The Australian Crime Writers Association (ACWA) has announced the shortlists for this year’s Ned Kelly Awards for Australian crime writing.
The shortlisted works in each category are:
- Crimson Lake (Candice Fox, Bantam)
- The Golden Child (Wendy James, HarperCollins)
- An Isolated Incident (Emily Maguire, Picador)
- Police at the Station and They Don’t Look Friendly (Adrian McKinty, Serpent’s Tail)
- The Rules of Backyard Cricket (Jock Serong, Text)
- Out of the Ice (Ann Turner, S&S)
Best true crime
- Code of Silence (Colin Dillon, A&U)
- Roger Rogerson (Duncan McNab, Hachette)
- Getting Away with Murder (Duncan McNab, Ebury)
- The Drowned Man (Brendan James Murray, Echo)
- Denny Day (Terry Smyth, Ebury)
- Murder at Myall Creek (Mark Tedeschi, S&S)
Best first fiction
- Burn Patterns (Ron Elliott, Fremantle Press)
- The Dry (Jane Harper, Macmillan)
- Only Daughter (Anna Snoekstra, Mira)
- The Love of a Bad Man (Laura Elizabeth Woollett, Scribe)
- Goodwood (Holly Throsby, A&U)
- Something for Nothing (Andy Muir, Affirm).
The winners will be announced on 1 September during the Melbourne Writers Festival.
For more information on the awards, click here.
Category: Local news