NZ Book Industry Awards 2017 winners announced
The winners of the 2017 New Zealand Book Industry Awards were announced in Auckland on 19 August.
The winners in each category are:
Bookshop of the Year
- Time Out Bookstore, Mt Eden
Publisher of the Year
- Gecko Press
Sales Rep of the Year
- Tammy Ruffell, HarperCollins NZ
Marketing Strategy of the Year
- Allen & Unwin NZ for the campaign for Woman in the Wilderness (Miriam Lancewood)
Young Publisher of the Year
- Alex Hedley, HarperCollins NZ
Young Bookseller of the Year
- Cait Kneller, Time Out Bookshop
Special Industry Award-winner
- Victoria University Press
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Ruth & John McIntyre, The Children’s Bookshop, Wellington.
The annual awards are administered by Booksellers NZ. This year’s judges were Australian Booksellers’ Association CEO Joel Becker; National Library of New Zealand librarian Elizabeth Jones; and Nielsen Book sales and marketing manager Nevena Nikolic.
The recipients of the Kobo Booksellers NZ Scholarships were also announced. Tanya Gribben from The Women’s Bookshop in Auckland and Cassie Richards from Unity Books in Wellington will attend the 2018 ABA Winter Institute Conference in Memphis, Tennessee.
For more information, click here.
Category: Local news