‘Overland’ Victoria University Short Story Prize 2017 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2017 Overland Victoria University Short Story Prize for New and Emerging Writers has been announced.
The shortlisted stories are:
- Allan Drew for ‘Wharekaho Beach, 1944’
- Amanda Niehaus for ‘Breeding Season’
- Beejay Silcox for ‘World Service’
- Charlotte Simmonds for ‘Clown Shoe Store’
- Elisabeth Passmore for ‘The Spill’
- Elizabeth Tan for ‘Shirt Dresses That Look a Little Too Much Like Shirts So That It Looks Like You Forgot to Put on Pants (Love Will Save the Day)’
- James Norris for ‘The Wind Forest (kaze-no-mori)’
- Judyth Emanuel for ‘Girlish RoadKill’
- Mandy Beaumont for ‘Drowning in Thick Air’
- Theodore Bulleid for ‘The Gods Will Not Save You’.
The winner and runners-up for the $8000 prize will be announced in late August, ahead of their publication in the next Overland in September. The judges were author Frank Moorhouse, UQP editor Ian See, writer and academic Enza Gandalfo and Overland publicity officer Rachael McGuirk.
For more information, click here.
Category: Local news