People’s Choice Queensland Book of the Year shortlist announced
The shortlist for the $10,000 Courier-Mail People’s Choice Queensland Book of the Year, as part of the 2017 Queensland Literary Awards, has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- The Birdman’s Wife (Melissa Ashley, Affirm)
- Vancouver (Nick Earls, Inkerman & Blunt)
- Ghost Empire (Richard Fidler, HarperCollins)
- A Hundred Small Lessons (Ashley Hay, A&U)
- Barbed Wire and Cherry Blossoms (Anita Heiss, S&S)
- To Prey and to Silence (Joan Isaacs, A and A Publishing)
- For a Girl (Mary-Rose MacColl, A&U)
- Saltwater (Cathy McLennan, UQP)
Queenslanders have until Monday 25 September to vote on the website here. The winner will be announced at the Queensland Literary Awards ceremony at the State Library of Queensland on 4 October.
Category: Local news