Scribe Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers shortlist announced
Scribe and Express Media have announced the shortlist for this year’s Scribe Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers.
The shortlisted writers and their works are:
- Sian Campbell, for ‘Harriet and the Aliens’
- Vivian Wei, for ‘The Chinese Menu for the Afterlife’
- Christopher Bryant, for ‘The Repetition Compulsion’
- Nicola Nixon, for ‘Skinless’
- Michael Dulaney, for ‘The Prisoners of Colour’
- Amaryllis Gacioppo, for ‘A Partial Palermo Street Directory’
- Lur Alghurabi, for ‘Letters from the Grave’
- Lou Heinrich, for ‘In the Name of the Mother’
- Kate Simonian, for ‘Portrait of the Artist as a Young Stalker’
- Claire Lowe, for ‘Excess Skin’
- Bastian Phelan, for ‘Still Fierce’
- Toby Fehily, for ‘It’s Not An Aircraft’
The winner receives a cash prize of $3000; an editorial mentorship to develop their work; and a selection of new and soon-to-be-published books.
The winner will be announced at an event in Melbourne on 23 November. Entries were judged blind by a panel comprising former Voiceworks editor Elizabeth Flux, former Voiceworks editorial committee member Tim McGuire, Scribe senior editor Julia Carlomagno and Express Media senior producer Fiona Dunne.
For more information about the award, visit the Express Media website here.