Oz, NZ authors and illustrators on 2017 White Ravens list
Several books by Australian and New Zealand authors and illustrators have been included in the 2017 White Ravens list for international children’s and youth literature.
The Australian titles on the list are:
- Iris and the Tiger (Leanne Hall, Text)
- Magrit (Lee Battersby, Walker Books)
- One Would Think the Deep (Claire Zorn, UQP)
- Somewhere Else (Gus Gordon, Viking)
- The Stars at Oktober Bend (Glenda Millard, A&U).
The New Zealand titles on the list are:
- Fuzzy Doodle (Melinda Szymanik, illus by Donovan Bixley, Scholastic)
- Snark. Being a True History of the Expedition that Discovered the Snark and the Jabberwock … and Its Tragic Aftermath (David Elliot, Otago University Press).
The White Ravens catalogue is produced annually by the International Youth Library in Germany. The library’s language specialists select ‘books of international interest that deserve a wider reception’ based on ‘their universal theme and/or their exceptional and often innovative artistic and literary style and design’.
The 2017 catalogue features 200 titles from around the world and was released at this year’s Frankfurt Book Fair on 12 October.
To view the catalogue click here.
Category: Local news