Walkley Book Award 2017 longlist announced
The Walkley Book Award longlist for 2017 has been announced.
The longlisted titles are:
- Unmaking a Murder: The Mysterious Death of Anna-Jane Cheney (Graham Archer, Ebury)
- Victoria: The Queen (Julia Baird, HarperCollins)
- Losing Streak (James Boyce, Black Inc.)
- Paul Keating: The Big Picture Leader (Troy Bramston, Scribe)
- Fair Game: The Incredible Untold Story of Scientology in Australia (Steve Cannane, ABC Books)
- The Death and Life of Australian Soccer (Joe Gorman, UQP)
- Cardinal: The Rise and Fall of George Pell (Louise Milligan, MUP)
- The Phoenix Years (Madeleine O’Dea, A&U)
- Woman of Substances (Jenny Valentish, Black Inc.).
The winners will be announced at the Walkley Awards presentation on 29 November at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The Walkley Book Award recognises excellence in Australian nonfiction literature and long-form journalism.
To see the full list of finalists, click here.