artsACT announces 2018 project funding recipients
A number of writers and literary organisations are among the recipients of the 2018 ACT Arts Project Fund, delivered by artsACT.
Writers to receive funding are:
- Jo Clay ($8250) to write articles and a manuscript for ‘The Carbon Diet’
- Lisa Fuller ($19,570) for skills development and mentoring workshops
- Andrew Galan ($7494) to develop a new collection of poetry
- Chella Goldwin ($22,124) to research and write a book in Torres Strait Meriam Mir and English
- Ginger Gorman ($23,965) to research and write the first draft of a manuscript
- Sophie Harper ($11,000) to write and edit a literary memoir
- Tania McCartney ($9000), to write and illustrate a fiction series for children
- Hayley McQuire ($15,026) for Blak Writes Indigenous Youth Writing workshop
- Melinda Smith ($29,300) to research and complete a new poetry manuscript
- Sam Vincent ($12,000) to develop the first draft of the memoir ‘Peasant Dreaming’
Literary organisations to receive funding are:
- Conflux ($3480) to support a guest speaker at Conflux 14 Science Fiction conference
- Grapple Publishing ($4600) to produce an anthology of prose, poetry, comics and art
- Noted ($2250) to support the development of Noted—Canberra’s emerging writers festival.
The ACT Arts Project Fund supports one-off arts activities proposed by individual artists, groups and organisations in the ACT. Funding in the literary category made up 22% of the total funding of $765,373.
To see the full list of recipients, click here.
Category: Local news