Speech Pathology Australia book awards 2017 winners announced
The winners of the 2017 Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year awards have been announced.
Chosen from shortlists announced in July, the winning titles are:
Birth to three years
- Noisy Nature (Mandy A Kuhne, illus by Alex Kuhne, Mandy Pandy Books)
Three to five years
- Me and You (Deborah Kelly, illus by Karen Blair, Viking)
Five to eight years
- Somewhere Else (Gus Gordon, Viking)
Eight to 10 years
- Artie and the Grime Wave (Richard Roxburgh, A&U)
- Mad Magpie (Gregg Dreise, Magabala).
The awards were presented on 2 November at the State Library of Queensland.
The Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year Awards aim to ‘promote quality Australian books that help children get the best, most literate start in life’ and are judged on their ‘appeal to children, interactive quality and ability to assist speech pathologists and parents in communication and literacy development’. Each category is judged a panel of experts in oral language and literacy development.
Read more about the awards here.