Winners announced for the Prime Minister’s Literary Awards 2017
The winners of the 2017 Prime Minister’s Literary Awards have been announced.
The winning titles in each category are:
- Their Brilliant Careers (Ryan O’Neill, Black Inc.)
- Headwaters (Anthony Lawrence, Pitt Street Poetry)
- Atomic Thunder: The Maralinga Story (Elizabeth Tynan, NewSouth)
- Quicksilver (Nicolas Rothwell, Text)
Children’s fiction (joint winners)
- Home in the Rain (Bob Graham, Walker Books)
- Dragonfly Song (Wendy Orr, A&U)
Young adult fiction
- Words in Deep Blue (Cath Crowley, Pan Macmillan).
The winners were chosen from shortlists announced last month. The winners in each category receive $80,000 and the shortlisted writers receive $5000. All prizes are tax-free.
The winners were announced at a ceremony on 1 December in Canberra. For more information about the awards, click here.