Writers, lit journals among recipients of VicArts funding
A number of writers and literary organisations are among the 70 recipients of the latest round of VicArts project funding, worth a total of $1.5m.
The recipients include:
- Australian Book Review: $30,000 for ABR’s 2018 program of ‘monthly publications including issues focused on Indigenous content, film and television, poetry and fiction’.
- Behind the Wire: $59,320 for ‘development and publication of a book featuring the stories and writings of marginalised voices captured by Behind the Wire, an oral history organisation that collects and shares stories from people held in mandatory detention’.
- Cordite Poetry Review: $50,400 for ‘development and publication of ten issues’ of Cordite.
- Else Fitzgerald: $12,750 for ‘development of a manuscript of short works of fiction that explore landscapes, language and technology and the ways they may shift and alter in a radically changing world’.
- Katherine Brabon: $6000 for ‘completion of a novel set in contemporary Japan in the wake of the Fukushima nuclear disaster in 2011’.
- Liminal: $15,000 for ‘presentation of a year-long program of literary magazine Liminal, which includes an online publication focusing on Asian-Australians’.
- Mark Brandi: $14,760 to ‘complete the manuscript for a new literary crime novel, Kiss Me Quick’.
- Miles Allinson: $10,200 for ‘creative development of In Moonland, a new novel that explores religion, politics, violence and myth’.
- Right Now: $5100 for ‘development and publication of a series of writing for Right Now, an online publication focusing on human rights issues’.
- Julienne van Loon: $12,770 for ‘the final draft of a novel Instructions for a Steep Decline, a work of fiction which explores the social and economic culture of urban Australia prior to the global financial crisis’.
- The Lifted Brow: $26,290 for ‘publication of four issues of the literature, arts and culture journal The Lifted Brow’.
- The Rereaders: $19,665 for a ‘year-long program of The Rereaders, a literary and culture podcast’.
For more information, and to see all the recipients, click here.
Category: Local news