Seizure announces 2018 Viva la Novella shortlist
Volunteer-run publishing initiative Seizure has announced the shortlist for the 2018 Viva la Novella competition.
This year’s shortlisted authors and their works are:
- Hasti Abbasi for ‘And the Raindrops Fill the Sea’
- Naomi Barton for ‘Liar’s Candle’
- Avi Duckor-Jones for ‘Swim’
- Anna Jackson for ‘The Bedmaking Competition’
- Linda Taimre for ‘The Fading’
The winners will be announced and simultaneously published in August.
Seizure has also announced that due to funding restrictions it will not offer its editor prize this year, although it hopes to reinstate this component in 2019.
As previously reported by Books+Publishing, Mirandi Riwoe and Stephen Wright won last year’s Viva la Novella competition. Riwoe’s winning title, The Fish Girl, was recently longlisted for the 2018 Stella Prize.