Wellcome Book Prize 2018 shortlist announced
The shortlist for this year’s Wellcome Book Prize, presented for books about health, medicine and illness, has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Stay with Me (Ayọ̀bámi Adébáyọ̀, Canongate)
- The Butchering Art (Lindsey Fitzharris, Allen Lane)
- With the End in Mind (Kathryn Mannix, HarperCollins)
- To Be a Machine (Mark O’Connell, Granta)
- Mayhem: A Memoir (Sigrid Rausing, Penguin)
- The Vaccine Race (Meredith Wadman, Black Swan)
The shortlist comprises one novel, one memoir and four nonfiction books. Five of the six books are written by women and five are debut titles.
The winner will be announced on 30 April.
As previously reported by Books+Publishing, Maylis de Kerangal won the 2017 Wellcome Book Prize for Mend the Living (MacLehose Press).
Category: International news