ALS Gold Medal 2018 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2018 Australian Literature Society (ALS) Gold Medal has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- A Long Way from Home (Peter Carey, Hamish Hamilton)
- The Agonist (Shastra Deo, UQP)
- The Last Garden (Eva Hornung, Text)
- The Choke (Sofie Laguna, A&U)
- Hinterland (Steven Lang, UQP)
- Border Districts (Gerald Murnane, Giramondo).
The six shortlisted titles were chosen from a longlist of 12 announced in March this year.
The ALS Gold Medal is awarded annually by the Association for the Study of Australian Literature (ASAL) for a ‘work of outstanding literary merit’ published in the previous calendar year. Last year’s winner was Zoe Morrison for her debut novel Music and Freedom (Vintage).