Edgar Allan Poe Awards 2018 winners announced
In the US, the Mystery Writers of America has announced the winners of the 2018 Edgar Allan Poe Awards, which honour ‘the best in mystery fiction, nonfiction and television’ published or produced in 2017.
Among the winners are:
- Bluebird, Bluebird (Attica Locke, Serpent’s Tail)
Best first novel by an American author
- She Rides Shotgun (Jordan Harper, HarperCollins)
Best paperback original
- The Unseeing (Anna Mazzola, Tinder Press)
Best fact crime:
- Killers of the Flower Moon (David Grann, S&S)
- Chester B Himes: A Biography (Lawrence P Jackson, W W Norton)
- Vanished! (James Ponti, S&S US)
Best young adult
- Long Way Down (Jason Reynolds, Faber)
The Grand Master Awards for achievement in mystery writing went to US crime writer Jane Langton, television writer William Link and British mystery author Peter Lovesey.
As previously reported by Books+Publishing, Jock Serong’s The Rules of Backyard Cricket (Text) was shortlisted in the best paperback original category.
For more information, and the full list of winners in all 12 categories, visit the Edgar Awards website here.
Category: International news