Magarey Medal 2018 shortlist announced
The Association for the Study of Australian Literature (ASAL) and the Australian Historical Association (AHA) have announced the shortlist for the 2018 Magarey Medal for Biography.
The shortlisted titles are:
- A Writing Life: Helen Garner and Her Work (Bernadette Brennan, Text)
- The Enigmatic Mr Deakin (Judith Brett, Text)
- Mick: A Life of Randolph Stow (Suzanna Falkiner, UWA Publishing)
- Saltwater: An Epic Fight for Justice in the Tropics (Cathy McLennan, UQP)
- Tracker (Alexis Wright, Giramondo).
Awarded biennially, the Magarey Medal for Biography is open to women who have published a biography on an Australian subject within the past two years.
The winner will be announced on 3 July, on the opening night of the 2018 Literary Convention in Canberra.
The Magarey Medal was last awarded in 2016 to Libby Connors for Warrior: A Legendary Leader’s Dramatic Life and Violent Death on the Colonial Frontier (A&U).
For more information, visit the ASAL website.