Ngaio Marsh Award 2018 longlist announced
The longlist for the 2018 Ngaio Marsh award for New Zealand crime fiction has been announced.
The longlisted works are:
- Marlborough Man (Alan Carter, Fremantle Press)
- Baby (Annaleese Jochems, VUP)
- See You In September (Charity Norman, Allen & Unwin)
- The Lost Taonga (Edmund Bohan, Lucano)
- The Easter Make Believers (Finn Bell, self-published)
- The Only Secret Left To Keep (Katherine Hayton, self-published)
- Tess (Kirsten Mcdougall, VUP)
- The Sound of Her Voice (Nathan Blackell, Mary Egan Publishing)
- A Killer Harvest (Paul Cleave, Upstart Press)
- The Hidden Room (Stella Duffy, Virago).
A panel of crime-fiction experts from the US, UK, Australia and New Zealand will choose the shortlist, to be announced in July alongside the finalists for the best first novel. The winner will be announced at an event at the WORD Christchurch festival, held from 29 August to 2 September.
For more information, see the website.