Peter Carey Short Story Award 2018 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2018 Peter Carey Short Story Award has been announced.
The six shortlisted stories are:
- ‘Clearing’ (Alice Bishop)
- ‘Fighting Season’ (Alison Martin)
- ‘Being The Mother’ (Anne Casey)
- ‘Flathead Out One Day’ (Ben Walter)
- ‘Break Character’ (Chloe Wilson)
- ‘Naamah’s Ark’ (Imbi Neeme).
Organised by the Moorabool Shire Council, the award is for stories between 2000-3000 words, and is open to all Australian residents. The winner receives $1000 and the runner-up receives $500 in prize money, with both stories to be published in the Spring 2018 edition of Meanjin.
Longlisted entries were judged blind by author Jane Rawson.
The winner and runner-up will be announced at a ceremony in Bacchus Marsh on 2 June, in conjunction with the Moorabool Young Writers’ Awards.
For more information, see the website.