Shortlist for ‘Lip’ magazine’s 2018 Rachel Funari Prize announced
The shortlist for Lip magazine’s annual Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction has been announced.
The shortlisted authors and their works are:
- ‘A Landing’ (Phoebe Chen)
- ‘Fishing for Yabbies’ (Laura McCluskey)
- ‘Highway’ (Alice Bishop)
- ‘Hollow’ (Ruth Gilbert)
- ‘In Search of Murakami’ (Alicia Sometimes)
- ‘Motherland’ (Shona Curtain)
- ‘Our Voices, Fierce’ (Liz Allan)
- ‘Post’ (Emily Clements)
- ‘Quiquiriqui’ (Kristin Hannaford)
- ‘the last time you saw her was on the news’ (Else Fitzgerald)
- ‘The Saint of Salt Water’ (Emily Shaw).
The winner and runners-up of the 2018 prize—totaling $1750 in cash prizes—will be announced in Melbourne as part of the Emerging Writers’ Festival on Monday 25 June.
The Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction is a themed fiction competition open to all women, female-identifying and non-binary writers. This year, writers were asked to submit previously unpublished fiction of up to 2000 words that engages with the theme ‘metamorphosis’. For more information, click here.
Category: Local news