Environment Award for Children’s Literature 2018 shortlist announced
The Wilderness Society has announced the shortlist for the 2018 Environment Award for Children’s Literature.
The shortlisted books in each category are:
- Can You Find Me? (Gordon Winch, illus by Patrick Shirvington, New Frontier)
- Tilly’s Reef Adventure (Rhonda N Garward, NLA Publishing)
- Fluke (Lesley Gibbes, illus by Michelle Dawson, Working Title Press)
- Florette (Anna Walker, Viking)
- A is for Australian Animals (Frané Lessac, Walker Books)
- Exploring Soils: A Hidden World Underground (Samantha Grover, illus by Camille Heisler, CSIRO Publishing)
- Rock Pool Secrets (Narelle Oliver, Walker Books)
- Coral Sea Dreaming: The Picture Book (Kim Michelle Toft, Silkim Books)
- Ella Diaries #11: Going Green (Meredith Costain, illus by Danielle McDonald, Scholastic)
- Pippa’s Island Book One: The Beach Shack Cafe (Belinda Murrell, Random House)
- Wombat Warriors (Samantha Wheeler, UQP)
The winner will be announced in October.
The Environment Award for Children’s Literature is presented annually to fiction and nonfiction books that ‘foster a love of wild places and wildlife in young Australians’ and ‘encourage a sense of responsibility for our natural world’. For more information, click here.