Australian Christian Book of the Year 2018 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2018 Australian Christian Book of the Year been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Mr Eternity: The Story of Arthur Stace (Roy Williams & Elizabeth Meyers, Acorn Press)
- The Bidura Effect (E P George, Ark House Press)
- Pathways: Local Mission for All Kinds of Churches (Ken Morgan, Pathways 4 Mission)
- Martin Luther: A Wild Boar in the Lord’s Vineyard (Mark Worthing, Morning Star Publishing)
- The Frog and the Fish: Reflections on Work, Sex, Technology, Stuff, Truth and Happiness (Chris Parker, National Institute for Christian Education)
- Jesus the Game Changer: The Book of the Series (Karl Faase with George Marriott & Jane Faase, Olive Tree Media)
- A Doubter’s Guide to Jesus: An Introduction to the Man from Nazareth for Believers and Skeptics (John Dickson, Zondervan)
- Known by God: A Biblical Theology of Personal Identity (Brian Rosner, Zondervan)
- The Bible in Australia: A Cultural History (Meredith Lake, NewSouth Publishing)
- The Glue: Relationship as the Connection for Effective Youth Ministry (Mike Stevens, self-published).
The award—with prize money increased to $3000 this year—is presented annually by SparkLit, formerly known as the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge Australia.
The winner of the Australian Christian Book of the Year, along with the Young Australian Christian Writer and Teen Writer Awards, will be announced in Victoria on 16 August.