Ned Kelly Awards 2018 shortlists announced
The Australian Crime Writers Association (ACWA) has announced the shortlists for this year’s Ned Kelly Awards for Australian crime writing.
The shortlisted works in each category are:
Best crime fiction
- Marlborough Man (Alan Carter, Fremantle Press)
- Under Cold Bright Lights (Garry Disher, Text)
- Redemption Point (Candice Fox, Bantam)
- Crossing the Lines (Sulari Gentill, Pantera)
- The Lone Child (Anna George, Viking)
- The Student (Iain Ryan, Echo)
Best true crime
- The Contractor (Mark Abernethy, Pan Macmillan)
- Unmaking A Murder: The Mysterious Death of Anna Jane Cheney (Graham Archer, Ebury)
- The Suitcase Baby (Tanya Bretherton, Hachette)
- The Fatalist (Campbell McConachie, Hachette)
- Whiteley on Trial (Gabriella Coslovich, MUP)
Best first fiction
- Wimmera (Mark Brandi, Hachette)
- The Dark Lake (Sarah Bailey, A&U)
- The Girl in Keller’s Way (Megan Goldin, Michael Joseph)
- See What I Have Done (Sarah Schmidt, Hachette).
The winners will be announced on 26 August during the Melbourne Writers Festival. View the titles that were longlisted for the award here.
For more information about the awards, visit the ACWA website here.