‘The Lifted Brow’ & RMIT non/fictionLab Prize for Experimental Nonfiction shortlist announced
Melbourne-based publisher and literary magazine the Lifted Brow has announced the shortlist for its Prize for Experimental Nonfiction.
The shortlisted works are:
- ‘Occupy’ by Ashley Lee
- ‘List of the Affected’ by Emily Kellogg
- ‘big beautiful female theory’ by Eloise Grills
- ‘Root Bed’ by Cassandra Rockwood-Rice
- ‘Bad Weather’ by Harriet McInerney
- ‘Dick Talk’ by Mira Schlosberg
- ‘we need to talk about Antarctica’ by Bella Klaver
- ‘To Un Fold A Body Of Small Talks’ by jessie berry-porter
- ‘Provision’ by Nikkola Mikocki-Bleeker.
The winner will receive $5000 and publication in the September issue of the Lifted Brow. Two runners-up will each receive $500 and the opportunity to discuss their pieces with the Lifted Brow‘s editors.
The Experimental Nonfiction Prize seeks to ‘unearth new, audacious, authentic and/or inauthentic voices’ from Australia and around the world’. This year’s winner will be chosen by judges Nadja Spiegelman, Ander Monson and Ellena Savage.