CBCA Awards 2018 winners announced
The winners of this year’s Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA) Book of the Year Awards have been announced.
The winning titles in each of the categories are:
- Take Three Girls (Cath Crowley, Fiona Wood & Simmone Howell, Pan)
- Mallee Boys (Charlie Archbold, Wakefield Press)
- In the Dark Spaces (Cally Black, Hardie Grant Egmont)
- How to Bee (Bren MacDibble, A&U)
- Henrietta and the Perfect Night (Martine Murray, A&U)
- Marsh and Me (Martine Murray, Text)
- Rodney Loses It (Michael Gerard Bauer, illus by Chrissie Krebs, Omnibus)
- The Very Noisy Baby (Alison Lester, illus by Alison Lester, Affirm)
- Hark, It’s Me, Ruby Lee! (Lisa Shanahan, illus by Binny, Hachette)
- A Walk in the Bush (Gwyn Perkins, Affirm)
- The Great Rabbit Chase (Freya Blackwood, Scholastic)
- Mopoke (Philip Bunting, Omnibus)
Eve Pownall Award for Information Books
- Do Not Lick This Book (Idan Ben-Barak, illus by Julian Frost, A&U)
- Left & Right (Lorna Hendry, Wild Dog Books)
- Koala (Claire Saxby, illus by Julie Vivas, Walker Books)
Crichton Award for Debut Illustrator
- Rovina Cai for Tintinnabula (Margo Lanagan, Hardie Grant Egmont).
To see the shortlisted titles, click here.
This year’s Children’s Book Week runs from 18-24 August with the theme ‘Find your treasure’.
For more information about the CBCA Awards and Children’s Book Week, visit the CBCA website.