NZ Book Trade Industry Awards 2018 winners announced
The winners of the 2018 New Zealand Book Trade Industry Awards were announced in Auckland on 25 August.
The winners in each category are:
Bookshop of the Year
- Volume, Nelson
Publisher of the Year
- Allen & Unwin NZ
Sales Rep of the Year
- Tammy Ruffell, HarperCollins NZ
Marketing Strategy of the Year
- Hachette NZ for the campaign for Nevermoor (Jessica Townsend)
Young Publisher of the Year
- Sophia Egan-Reid, Mary Egan Publishing
Young Bookseller of the Year
- Fern Hubball, University Bookshop Canterbury
Special Industry Award-winner
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Robyn Bargh CNZM, Huia Publishers
Bestseller of the Year
- Eat (Chelsea Winter, PRH NZ)
NZ Independent Bestseller of the Year
- The Wish Child (Catherine Chidgey, VUP)
The annual awards are administered by Booksellers NZ. This year’s judges were Australian Booksellers Association CEO Joel Becker, Copyright NZ CEO Paula Browning and former publisher Bob Ross.
Sales Rep of the Year Tammy Ruffell, from HarperCollins NZ, received the award for the second year in a row. Ruffell was described by Becker as ‘an exceptionally strong advocate for the needs of bookshops’.
For more information, click here.