Winners of the 2018 NSW Premier’s History Awards announced
The State Library of NSW (SLNSW) has announced the winners of the 2018 NSW Premier’s History Awards.
The winning works in each category are:
Australian History Prize ($15,000)
- The Battle Within: POWs in Postwar Australia (Christina Twomey, NewSouth)
General History Prize ($15,000)
- On the Stump: Campaign Oratory and Democracy in the United States, Britain, and Australia (Sean Scalmer, Temple University Press)
NSW Regional and Community History Prize ($15,000)
- Hidden in Plain View: The Aboriginal People of Coastal Sydney (Paul Irish, NewSouth)
Young People’s History Prize ($15,000)
- The Fighting Stingrays (Simon Mitchell, Puffin)
Digital History Prize ($15,000)
- We Don’t Need a Map (Warwick Thornton & Brendan Fletcher, Barefoot Communications).
The winners were announced at an event at SLNSW on 31 August, marking the launch of NSW History Week on 1 September. The winners were chosen from shortlists announced in August.
For more information about the awards, click here.