‘Financial Times’ 2018 Business Book of the Year shortlist announced
In the UK, the shortlist for the £30,000 (A$55,180) Financial Times and McKinsey Business Book of the Year Award has been announced.
This year’s six shortlisted titles are:
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup (John Carreyrou, Picador)
- The Billionaire Raj: A Journey Through India’s New Gilded Age (James Crabtree, Oneworld)
- Capitalism in America: A History (Alan Greenspan & Adrian Wooldridge, Allen Lane, October)
- Give People Money: The Simple Idea to Solve Inequality and Revolutionise Our Lives (Annie Lowrey, WH Allen)
- The Value of Everything: Making and Taking in the Global Economy (Mariana Mazzucato, Allen Lane)
- New Power: How Power Works in Our Hyperconnected World—and How to Make it Work for You (Jeremy Heimans & Henry Timms, Macmillan).
The titles were chosen from a longlist of 15, with five out of the six shortlisted books published by Penguin Random House and Pan Macmillan.
The winner will be announced at an event in London on 12 November, with the other shortlisted authors to each receive £10,000 (A$18,390). Also announced at the event will be the winner of the 2018 Bracken Bower Prize for the best business book proposal by a writer under 35.
For more information about the award, visit the Financial Times website.