Giller Prize 2018 shortlist announced
In Canada, the shortlist for the C$100,000 (A$108,000) 2018 Scotiabank Giller Prize for the best Canadian novel or short story collection published in English has been announced.
The shortlisted novels are:
- French Exit (Patrick deWitt, Bloomsbury)
- Songs for the Cold of Heart (Eric Dupont, Baraka Books)
- Washington Black (Esi Edugyan, Serpent’s Tail)
- Motherhood (Sheila Heti, Harvill Secker)
- An Ocean of Minutes (Thea Lim, Quercus).
Currently celebrating its 25th year, the Giller Prize is the largest literary prize in Canada. Each finalist receives C$10,000 (A$10,800), and the winner also receives a two-week residency at the Leighton Artists’ Studios in Banff National Park.
The winner will be announced on 19 November at a ceremony in Toronto, which will be broadcast in Canada on CBC.
For more information, see the website.
Category: International news