ASA announces 2018 Barbara Jefferis Award shortlist
The Australian Society of Authors (ASA) has announced the shortlist for the 2018 Barbara Jefferis Award.
The shortlisted titles are:
- The Trapeze Act (Libby Angel, Text)
- Troppo (Madelaine Dickie, Fremantle Press)
- Storyland (Catherine McKinnon, HarperCollins)
- From the Wreck (Jane Rawson, Transit Lounge)
- Goodwood (Holly Throsby, A&U).
The winner of the $50,000 award will be announced in Sydney on 2 November, with $5000 to be distributed to the other shortlisted authors.
The 2018 judging panel comprised literary advocate Sandra Yates, academic Jeremy Fisher and author Peggy Frew, who won the award when it was last presented in 2016.
The prize is awarded every two years for ‘the best novel written by an Australian author that depicts women and girls in a positive way or otherwise empowers the status of women and girls in society’.
For more information, see the ASA website.