Scribe Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers 2018 shortlist announced
Scribe and Express Media have announced the shortlist for this year’s Scribe Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers.
The shortlisted works are:
- ‘Her Body as in an Empty Space’ (Madison Griffiths)
- ‘The Jumper’ (Vito Rinaldi)
- ‘The Invisible Sea’ (Zowie Douglas-Kinghorn)
- ‘The Body in Line’ (Georgia Mill)
- ‘If I Were To Draw A Line Between Bodies It Would Look Like This’ (Jessie Berry-Porter)
- ‘Reading’ (Adalya Nash Hussein)
- ‘On Gender and the Colour Blue’ (Courtney McMahon)
- ‘Holocene: A Short Story’ (Georgia Phillips)
- ‘What luck, what a fucking curse: on looking and being looked at in my light skin’ (Ana Maria Gomides).
The winner—who will receive a cash prize of $3000 and an editorial mentorship to develop their work—will be announced at the opening night of the Word for Word nonfiction festival in Geelong on 16 November.
Entries were judged blind by a panel comprising Voiceworks editorial committee member Inez Trambas, Express Media creative producer Bethany Atkinson-Quinton, and writers Shu-Ling Chua and Myfanwy Jones.
For more information about the award, visit the Express Media website.