Walkley Book Award 2018 longlist announced
The Walkley Book Award longlist for 2018 has been announced.
The longlisted titles are:
- Trace: Who Killed Maria James? (Rachael Brown, Scribe)
- A Long Way from No Go (Tjanara Goreng Goreng with Julie Szego, Wild Dingo Press)
- The First Casualty (Peter Greste, Viking)
- The Trauma Cleaner (Sarah Krasnostein, Text)
- Lost Copy: The Endless Wars (John Martinkus, Australian Scholarly Publishing)
- No Front Line: Australia’s Special Forces at Wat in Afghanistan (Chris Masters, A&U)
- One Hundred Years of Dirt (Rick Morton, MUP)
- The House (Helen Pitt, A&U)
- Waiting for Elijah (Kate Wild, Scribe).
The shortlist will be announced on 8 November and the winners will be announced at the Walkley Awards presentation on 22 November at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The Walkley Book Award recognises excellence in Australian nonfiction literature and long-form journalism.
To see the full list of finalists, see the website.