Two books tie for best novel at the 2018 World Fantasy Awards
In the US, the winners of the 2018 World Fantasy Awards have been announced at the World Fantasy Convention in Baltimore, with two books tying for best novel.
The winning titles are:
- The Changeling (Victor LaValle, Canongate)
- Jade City (Fonda Lee, Orbit)
- Passing Strange (Ellen Klages, Tor.com)
- ‘The Birding: A Fairy Tale’ (Natalia Theodoridou, Strange Horizons, 18 December 2017)
- The New Voices of Fantasy (ed by Peter S Beagle & Jacob Weisman, Tachyon Publications)
- The Emerald Circus (Jane Yolen, Tachyon Publications)
- Writing Madness (Harry Brockway, Patrick McGrath, & Danel Olson, Centipede Press)
- FIYAH: Magazine of Black Speculative Fiction (Justina Ireland & Troy L Wiggins).
As previously reported by Books+Publishing, New Zealand author Anna Smaill won the award for best novel in 2016.
To view the full list of winners and shortlists, see the Tor website.
Tags: World Fantasy Awards
Category: International news