The Next Chapter mentors announced
The recipients of the 2018 Next Chapter grants for developing writers, each worth $15,000, have been matched with their mentors, who will work with them over 12 months to help connect them with publishers and readers.
The mentors are:
- Tony Birch will mentor poet Evelyn Araluen
- Michele Lee will mentor memoirist Giselle Au-Nhien Nguyen
- Maria Tumarkin will mentor memoirist Jean Bachoura
- Nam Le will mentor short fiction writer Ennis Cehic
- Alison Whittaker will mentor nonfiction writer Nayuka Gorrie
- Rebecca Lim will mentor young adult speculative fiction writer Lian Low
- Sisonke Msimang will mentor memoirist Yamiko Marama
- Nick Earls will mentor comic fiction writer Ara Sarafian
- Melissa Lucashenko will mentor young adult fiction writer Adrian Stanley
- Cate Kennedy will mentor short fiction writer Adam Thompson.
The 10 recipients are currently participating in a four-day intensive at Varuna, The Writers House, in Katoomba, New South Wales.
For more information, see the Next Chapter website.
Category: Local news