Winners announced for PM’s literary awards 2018
The winners of the 2018 Prime Minister’s Literary Awards have been announced.
The winning titles in each category are:
- Border Districts (Gerald Murnane, Giramondo)
- John Curtin’s War: The coming of war in the Pacific, and reinventing Australia, volume 1 (John Edwards, Viking)
- Asia’s Reckoning: The struggle for global dominance (Richard McGregor, Penguin)
- Blindness and Rage: A Phantasmagoria (Brian Castro, Giramondo)
- Pea Pod Lullaby (Glenda Millard, illus by Stephen Michael King, A&U)
Young adult fiction
- This is My Song (Richard Yaxley, Scholastic).
The winners were chosen from shortlists announced in October.
The winners in each category receive $80,000 and the shortlisted writers receive $5000. All prizes are tax-free.
Winners were announced at a ceremony on 5 December in Canberra. For more information about the awards, see the website.