All-women shortlist announced for inaugural Selfies Awards
In the UK, BookBrunch has announced the shortlist for the inaugural Selfies Awards for a self-published novel.
The new prize was unveiled in December 2018, and aims to ‘discover new talent and recognise the best self-published titles each year’. In the inaugural year, the award is for adult fiction only, but will expand to include other categories in the future. Entry is restricted to UK-based authors.
The shortlisted titles for the inaugural prize are all by women writers. They are:
- Once Upon a Blue Moon (Anita Belli)
- Smash all the Windows (Jane Davis)
- Tangent (Caroline Goldsworthy)
- He is Mine (Mel Gough)
- Faith, Hope and Trickery (Susan Grossey)
- A Spoke in the Wheel (Kathleen Jowitt)
- In Servitude (Heleen Kist)
- Lady Helena Investigates (Jane Steen).
The winner of the prize receives £1500 (A$2685), a ‘bespoke book cover design’ by designer Aimee Coveney and a book publicity campaign worth £1000 (A$1790). The winner will be announced at the 2019 London Book Fair in March.
For more information about the awards, visit the Selfies website.
Category: International news