VIPs announced for SWF 2019
The Australia Council for the Arts has announced the guests attending the 2019 Visiting International Publishers (VIPs) program, to be held alongside the Sydney Writers’ Festival in late April and early May.
The 12 guests are:
- Ia Atterholm, literary agent, Ia Atterholm Literary Agency (Sweden)
- Faye Bender, literary agent, The Book Group (USA)
- Peter Blackstock, senior editor, Grove Atlantic (USA)
- Simon Boughton, publishing director, Norton Young Readers (USA)
- Joanna Cárdenas, editor, Kokila imprint, Penguin Random House US (USA)
- Li Kangqin, senior acquisition editor & rights manager, Shanghai 99 Readers’ Culture (China)
- Job Lisman, editorial director, Prometheus Publishers (Netherlands)
- Pamela Malpas, literary agent, Jennifer Lyons Literary Agency (USA)
- Stephen Morrow, vice president, Dutton, Penguin Random House US (USA)
- Julia Reuter, editor, Carlsen Verlag (Germany)
- Rebecca Servadio, literary scout, London Literary Scouting (UK)
- Susan Van Metre, executive editorial director, Walker Books US, Walker Books International (USA).
This year’s VIPs program will be held from 1-3 May, and will include an industry forum and networking events on 1 May, followed by two days of business meetings. VIPs will select the Australian publishers and agents with whom they’d like to meet for one-on-one meetings. Australian publishers and agents will need to complete an online form by 7 March for the Australia Council to collate and submit to the VIPs, with the outcome of requests to be confirmed by the end of March.
A full program of events, including times and locations, will be updated on the VIPs 2019 web page by the end of March.
The VIPs program aims to promote rights sales of Australian titles in overseas markets and to strengthen the ties between Australian and international publishers.
For more information about the program and guests, visit the Australia Council website.