2019 Ernest Scott Prize shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2019 Ernest Scott Prize for History has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Galleries of Maoriland: Artists, Collectors and the Māori World 1880–1910 (Roger Blackley, Auckland University Press)
- The Enigmatic Mr Deakin (Judith Brett, Text)
- Deep Time Dreaming (Billy Griffiths, Black Inc.)
- Australianama: The South Asian Odyssey in Australia (Samia Khatun, Hurst Publishers)
- Into the Heart of Tasmania (Rebe Taylor, MUP).
The $13,000 prize is awarded annually to a work based on original research that contributes to the history of Australia or New Zealand or to the history of colonisation. The prize is presented by the University of Melbourne’s Faculty of Arts, in conjunction with the Australian Historical Association. This year’s judges are author Bruce Pascoe and Victoria University of Wellington professor Charlotte Macdonald.
The winner will be announced on 3 April.
See the full announcement on the website.
Tags: Ernest Scott Prize