2019 Dylan Thomas Prize shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2019 International Dylan Thomas Prize has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Friday Black (Nana Kwame Adjei-Brenyah, riverrun)
- Folk (Zoe Gilbert, Bloomsbury)
- In Our Mad and Furious City (Guy Gunaratne, Tinder Press)
- Trinity (Louisa Hall, Corsair)
- Melmoth (Sarah Perry, Serpents Tail)
- House of Stone (Novuyo Rosa Tshuma, Atlantic).
Four women and three debut novels are included on the shortlist, which was chosen from a longlist of 12 announced in January. The winner will be announced on 16 May.
Established in 2006, the £30,000 (A$55,000) International Dylan Thomas Prize is awarded to the best literary work in the English language written by an author under 40 and is administered by Swansea University.