George Robertson Award 2019 winners announced
The winners of the 2019 George Robertson Award, which recognises long and distinguished service to the publishing industry, were announced by the Australian Publishers Association (APA) on 4 April.
The winners are:
- Linda Davies (administration executive, sales, Penguin Random House)
- Kristin Gill (publishing manager, young readers, Penguin Random House)
- Heather Fawcett (director, higher education, Oxford University Press)
- Susan Hall (publisher, National Library of Australia Publishing)
- Joybelle McIntosh (telesales representative, Pan Macmillan)
- David O’Brien (vice president schools, Cengage)
- Tony Palmer (executive designer, Penguin Random House)
- Brigita Rakas (local sales and marketing manager, HarperCollins)
- Louise Eleanor Ryan (publishing manager, local adult, Penguin Random House)
- Debra Van-Tol (PA and author liaison, young readers, Penguin Random House).
Recipients of the award must have spent more than 30 years in the publishing industry, and are nominated by a present or past employer who is a current APA member.