PRH Write It! fellowship 2019 shortlist announced
The shortlist for Penguin Random House (PRH) Australia’s inaugural Write It! fellowship program has been announced.
The shortlisted writers and their manuscripts are:
- Alyse Lloyd for ‘If The Full Moon Loves You’ (YA fantasy)
- Annie McCann for ‘Napak Tilas’ (YA fiction)
- Ayesha Inoon for ‘The Girl Who Couldn’t Drive’ (fiction)
- Bede Carmody for ‘My Place in the Pecking Order’ (memoir)
- Christos Floratos for ‘Dead Among Us’ (thriller)
- Judi Morison for ‘Crossing the Creek’ (historical Fiction)
- Kaya Wilson for ‘As Beautiful as Any Other’ (nonfiction)
- Kylie Webber for ‘Portrait of a Childless Couple’ (historical fiction)
- Sneha Lees for ‘The Not-So-Subtle Art of Indian Parenting’ (humour/memoir)
- Sophie Clark for ‘Heroine Night’ (YA horror)
- sydney khoo for ‘The Spider and Her Demons’ (YA fantasy)
- Thuy On for ‘Turbulence’ (poetry).
The Write It! fellowship program ‘aims to find, nurture and develop unpublished writers across all genres with a focus on underrepresented sections of our community’.
The winning applicants will receive a mentorship from PRH editors with the hope of publication, as well as a trip to Sydney to participate in a PRH Open House Day with Writing NSW.
The recipients of the fellowships will be announced on 21 June.