Peter Carey Short Story Award 2019 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2019 Peter Carey Short Story Award has been announced.
The shortlisted stories are:
- ‘Elisabeth Kubler Ross’ by Paige Clark
- ‘Place, Lost’ by Laura Elvery
- ‘Sketch in Room 16, Ward 4 East’ by Jocelyn Richardson
- ‘If there are Zebra Finches’ by Claire Aman
- ‘Long Road: Becoming’ by Mykaela Saunders
- ‘Let’s Talk Trojan Bee’ by Alex Cothren.
Organised by the Moorabool Shire Council, the award is for stories between 2000–3000 words, and is open to all Australian residents. The winner receives $1000 and the runner-up receives $500 in prize money, with both stories to be published in the Spring 2019 edition of Meanjin.
Judge Nic Low selected the shortlist from a longlist announced earlier this month.
The winner and runner-up will be announced at the Lerderderg Library on 1 June, in conjunction with the Moorabool Young Writers’ Awards.
For more information, see the website.