Miles Franklin Literary Award 2019 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2019 Miles Franklin Literary Award, worth $60,000, has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- The Lebs (Michael Mohammed Ahmad, Hachette)
- A Sand Archive (Gregory Day, Picador)
- A Stolen Season (Rodney Hall, Picador)
- The Death of Noah Glass (Gail Jones, Text)
- Too Much Lip (Melissa Lucashenko, UQP)
- Dyschronia (Jennifer Mills, Picador).
On behalf of the judging panel, author and literary critic Bernadette Brennan said, ‘The 2019 shortlist showcases a diverse and exciting range of Australian voices and experiences. Each writer has been unafraid to take risks in their narrative, in one or more of structure, subject matter or style. These books celebrate, for the most part, some of the complex, disparate and urgent aspects of contemporary Australian life.’
The judging panel also includes Mitchell Librarian at the State Library of NSW Richard Neville, journalist for the Australian Murray Waldren, book critic Melinda Harvey and Abbey’s Bookshop senior book buyer Lindy Jones.
The winner of the 2019 Miles Franklin Literary Award will be announced on 30 July.
Tags: Miles Franklin