Australian Christian Book of the Year 2019 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2019 Australian Christian Book of the Year been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- The Apostles’ Creed: A Guide to the Ancient Catechism (Benjamin Myers, Lexham Press)
- Coming Home: Discipleship, Ecology and Everyday Economics (Jonathan Cornford, Morning Star)
- For the Joy: 21 Australian Missionary Mother Stories on Cross-Cultural Parenting and Life (ed by Miriam Chan & Sophia Russell, Grace Abounding Books)
- The Fountain of Public Prosperity: Evangelical Christians in Australian History 1740–1914 (Stuart Piggin & Robert Linder, Monash University Publishing)
- God Is Good for You: A Defence of Christianity in Troubled Times (Greg Sheridan, A&U)
- Heaven All Around Us: Discovering God in Everyday life (Simon Carey Holt, Cascade Books)
- Tea & Thread: Portraits of Middle Eastern Women Far from Home (Sally Bathgate & Katrina Flett Gulbrandsen, Grace Abounding Books)
- This One Life: Conversations on the Journey of Life (Sharon Witt, Collective Wisdom Publications)
- Unexpected: Leave Fear Behind, Move Forward in Faith, Embrace the Adventure (Christine Caine, Zondervan)
- Workship 2: How to Flourish at Work (Kara Martin, Graceworks).
The award, worth $3000, is presented annually by SparkLit, formerly known as the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge Australia.
The winner of the Australian Christian Book of the Year, along with the Young Australian Christian Writer and Teen Writer Awards, will be announced in Melbourne on 15 August.