NT Literary Awards 2019 winners announced
The winners of this year’s Northern Territory Literary Awards have been announced.
The winners in each category are:
Short story award ($1000)
- ‘Centring’, by Glen Hunting
Poetry award ($1000)
- ‘Lyapirtneme/No return’, by Susan Fielding
Creative nonfiction award ($500)
- ‘Still Flossing’, by Roland Bull
Essay award ($500)
- ‘The Effects of Online Sexual Activity on Adolescent Development and its Implications for Northern Territory Middle and Secondary Schools’, by Jacob Fajzullin
Kath Manzie youth award ($600)
- ‘A Liar’s Colour’, by Elisha Pettit
Flash fiction award ($600)
- ‘The Colours of an Arm’, by Lee Frank
Theatre award ($1000)
- ‘One More Hour’, by Mary Anne Butler.
The NT Literary Awards celebrate the unpublished work of established and emerging writers in the Northern Territory and are presented annually by the Northern Territory Library. The winning and shortlisted works have been published in an annual publication available free in printed form at the library, or online.
The winners were announced at a ceremony in Darwin on 24 July. As well as prize money, winners receive an annual membership to the NT Writers Centre and free admission to a masterclass.
For more information, see the NT Library website.